It is a contractual requirement that GP practices allocate a named accountable GP to all patients, including children. The accountable GP is responsible for the patients’ overall care at the practice.
If you would like to know who your named accountable GP is, please contact the practice on 0121 308 2080 or ask your GP at your next consultation.
Important facts about the Named GP:
- You are not obliged to see your named GP. You can still request a GP of your choice and we will accommodate this request where possible.
- The role of named accountable GP does not imply personal availability to patients during the working week. You will not see any difference in the way we arrange your appointment.
- Your named GP has a role of oversight if a number of organisations become involved in your care.
- Your named GP will not be the only GP or clinician involved in your care.
- If you do not wish to have a named GP, please inform the practice.
- Do not worry if the named GP is not who you usually see; this will not affect your care at all.