Patient Notice – if you or someone you have been in contact with in the last 14 days are showing symptoms of coronavirus, DO NOT come into the surgery, Call 111, stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.
We run an appointment system. Appointments are normally 10 minutes long. If you need to discuss more than one thing, please book an additional appointment. The doctors and nurses generally see patients on time, so please be punctual.
If you cannot or do not wish to attend, please cancel your appointment as soon as possible so that we can offer it to someone else.
Making an Appointment
- As of 11th November 2019 a telephone triage consultation service will be implemented at Four Oaks.
- Routine appointments will be available until 11th November 2019 only.
- Patients will be able to book a telephone appointment by contacting reception (0121 308 2080), at the reception desk or by the online service.
- All appointments will be released on the day, patients will no longer be able to pre book appointments.
- All urgent medical requirements will be dealt with. Four Oaks has a Doctor on call every day to deal with emergencies.
- Whilst we appreciate the initial difficulties this may present for patients we are confident the new system will enable patient access to improve as this has been identified by Four Oaks patients as an area that we need to improve in.
- Patient information leaflets if required are available online, or to collect from reception.
- Any queries or concerns please speak to the Site Manager, Miss Jessica Sandid.
All nurse appointments are bookable in advance. Nurses are normally available for urgent treatment at short notice, however, please check with reception first as patients would normally be offered the next available appointment.
Please note that appointments for medicals should be made by telephoning the surgery and informing the receptionist that you wish to book an appointment for a medical – thank you.